We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirements of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
Why we collect Personal Information:
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
1. Respond to any query or comment received from you;
2. Inform you of services and programs provided by our organisation and/or connected organisations;
3. Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for services and programs;
4. For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
5. Generally to improve your experience with our organisation.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
1. In order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our organisation;
2. In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our organisation; and
3. with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services and programs to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
1. Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
2. Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
4. Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
5. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period. Currently your personal information shall be retained for as long as the South African Hindu Maha Sabha shall operate unless specifically requested by you to be removed from the database.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL
INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
You have the right at any time to:
1. Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
2. Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
3. Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
4. Lodge a complaint with our organisation.
The Personal Information processed by us is not routed/transferred to a third country.
We reserve the right to remove any person/persons from our database. We also reserve the right to remove any content submitted by you on the application form or any one of our social channels that may be deemed inappropriate.
When you submit information to us, you confirm:
1. Consent to being added to the database of SAHMS(South African Hindu Maha Sabha) and
2. Declare that the information provided is true and correct and understand that wilful dishonesty may render for refusal of this application or immediate removal from our database.